Sunday, September 05, 2010
Pretty well, I reckon.
Here's what is being negotiated right now between independents including Robb Oakeshott and the Labor and the Coalition.
Oakeshott and Windsor won't announce who they will support until both sides have signed up.
Some good bits:
- The Speaker won't vote and will be paired
- The Joint Parliamentary Committee on Public Accounts and Audit will be chaired by someone from the Opposition or an independent
- Question time answers will have to be short and relevant
- All controversial bills to be examined by a committee first
- All committee reports responded to in six months
Draft Parliamentary Reforms
. Coaliton "too dim" to stop its own rules being used against it
. Sometimes Question Time works well
. Truth in advertising